- Log in to CalCentral, click on the "My Academics" tab, and select "Enrollment Center" on the Class Enrollment Card. To adjust the grading option, select the Preferences/Switch Sections option.
- Once on the Alternative Class Options page, click Next to move to the next page. No action is required on this page for a grading option change request.
- On the class preferences page, students can update the grading basis for their classes and accept the change.
- Review and submit the grading basis change.
Available Grading Options:
- Letter Grade (A,B,C,D,F)
- Passed/Not Passed (P/NP)
- Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (S/U)
Grading option for undergraduate-level students (those without BA/BS equivalent), including high school students. A grade of C- or better is considered passing
Grading option for graduate-level students (those with BA/BS equivalent), including recent college graduates not currently enrolled in a graduate school. A grade B- or better is considered passing.
A Note About Transferring Credit
Most universities will not accept P/NP or S/U work for transfer credit. Please consult the appropriate office at your home institution before selecting this option.