If you are a UCB Continuing Student and do not have an active enrollment card in CalCentral, it could be due to one of the following:
- Spring Degree List: Students graduating in the Spring of 2023 are considered visiting students for the summer and must apply online.
- The visiting student application can be found on the Summer Session How to Apply page or summer.berkeley.edu/apply.
- Please indicate on the application that you have completed your degree before summer.
- Expected Graduation Date: You will not have an active summer enrollment card if your expected graduation date is before Summer 2023. Contact your college advisor to have this updated so you can enroll in Summer courses.
- Not Enrolled in Spring Semester: If you have taken a semester or more off from UC Berkeley, you will not have access to CalCentral and will need to either be re-admitted for the Fall semester or be term activated for the Summer term. Either of these actions will grant you access to Summer term enrollment in CalCentral. Please follow up with your college advisor regarding readmission and Summer term activation. Graduate students filing a dissertation will need to contact their GSAO to coordinate this access.
- Incomplete Spring Registration: Current UC Berkeley students must be officially registered for Spring. Official registration means that at least 20% of the total amount of their tuition and fees have been paid. Any academic or financial holds/blocks on your account will also block official registration.
If you are still unable to enroll in summer classes after looking into these possible issues, please contact Summer Sessions.